Monday, March 26, 2018

A Second Look at Yuzawaya

Since I'm in Tokyo I thought I'd visit Yuzawaya to check out what's new. The place was buzzing with activity since it was Sunday. The last time I visited there was only a handful of people visiting since it was a weeknight.

I made sure I had eaten lunch before visiting Yuzawaya since we know what happens when you go to a store with an empty stomach! There were a couple of things I was looking for: (1) bag handle to match a project I made last Christmas, I have not been able to finish it because I couldn't find the right handle to use; (2) tiny polka dot fabric; and (3) dark colored fabric pencil, I really liked the one I got from Tokyu Hands in Nagoya.

The store had a lot of bag straps available, but they didn't have any that would match the fabric of the bag I made. I then proceeded to the fabric pencil section, but didn't find the one I was looking for. I then head to the fabric area and then found another section that held other knick-knacks. That's where I found the pencil I wanted. Looked through the fabric and just got three fat-quarters on sale. They had so many beautiful fabric it took all my will not to buy any!






I didn't hang out long in the fabric section because it proved too tempting! They didn't have the tiny polka dot fabric I wanted though. On the way to the cashier I found a bag handle that would match the bag I'm making and then I paid for the stuff I got.

One thing I learned about this trip to Yuzawaya is you need to really go around a couple of times to find the item you are trying to locate. Especially for knick knacks since they have this scattered around the store. I really like how they set-up Yuzawaya because it's so organized, clean and welcoming. Most of the other fabric/craft stores I've been to tend to just stuff in everything they are selling. High shelves, fabric all stocked up is kinda unsightly and common. Yuzawaya's set-up is what makes it distinct. I hope other fabric/craft stores can learn a thing or two about how to make their stores more inviting for crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment