Monday, September 6, 2021

How My Mom Taught Me How to Quilt

Back when I was a child we didn't have access to quilting materials and accessories. Quilters nowadays enjoy a wide array of tools and equipment they can use for quilting. I live in Southeast Asia and luckily there's a Spotlight store in Singapore where I can get materials. I enjoyed visiting Australia and Japan for work because I had the chance to visit other stores like Lincraft and Tomato. 

I have friends who have been curious about how to quilt so I thought I'd make a video. I went back to the time when my Mom taught me how to quilt using basic sewing materials. One of her cousins had a garment export business and she'd give Mom the scraps. That's what we used when we started quilting. 

Anyway, I'm rambling, here's a short video of how to quilt :)


I stopped quilting for more than 2 decades. I picked it up again a few years ago. I did exactly the same and started with basic sewing materials. Eventually I began to buy more stuff and learned to use new tools available for quilters. It's a fun learning journey :)

Happy quilting!

P.S. I made that pincushion when I was 12 and used to sell it at our parish fiesta market for Php5 haha :)


No comments:

Post a Comment